Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sum it up: Fashion Week season

Okay, whole September just passed without a single post so we have so much things to keep up with when it comes to world fashion scene. The fashion week season is coming to it's end with all four major fashion weeks already ended which means I must get back to posting.
To start off my own new season after this one-month-break I decided to sum up all my favorite moments from four fashion weeks: New York, London, Milan and Paris.



New York was the season opening and some of my favorite contemporary designers presented their collections there. Alexander Wang, Zac Posen, Jason Wu, Jeremy Scott: very simple yet sophisticated, each of them showing minimalism in their own way. And also Oscar de la Renta with his inevitable gowns.


left to right: Alexander Wang, Alexander Wang, Jason Wu


left to right: Jeremy Scott, Jeremy Scott, Oscar de la Renta

When it comes to London Fashion week, among many new young designers I found Vivienne Westwood the most interesting. It's some kind of loyalty and affection towards this designer that made me choose her over all of the others, I just love her unique and slightly weird style.


left to right: all Vivienne Westwood

Milan fashion week was a wonderful surprise with at least one head-over-heels-quality collection each day. Blumarine, Alberta Ferretti, Just Cavalli, Dolce&Gabanna, Pucci, Gucci, Armani, Marni, Moschino, Versace, Prada, Fendi: the list is basically endless. But Dsquared2 made the strongest impression on me: I just love how they emphasized feminine hourglass figure and curves with the spice of  retro fifties.


left to right, both up and down: Dsquared2 


And then Paris Fashion week, like a little preparation for Haute Couture week. Chanel was perfect as always with Karl as the King of fashion scene, Raf Simons nailed it with venue for Dior, Marc Jacobs did a great job with his last collection for Louis Vuitton but John Galliano was the one that just blew me away. I liked every single piece from ss 2014 collection. It's like he took literally everything I like: biker boots, leather jackets, french style and retro ages and mixed it up into the most perfect collection of the season. Not to mention that the show itself was so original and outrageous
So, my definite season fave: John Galliano.





Till next post, enjoy in October and follow daily updates on Well dressed zombie official page by clicking HERE

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment